Top crowdlending platforms in the USA
Are you searching for ways to diversify your investments and increase your revenue? In this blog, we’re going to discuss the top ten crowdlending platforms in the USA and give you a brief overview of their strengths and weaknesses.
What is crowdlending like in the US?
The USA crowdlending market is one of the biggest in the world. Much of it began in the late 2000s and grew large around the time of the 2008 financial crisis.
Borrowers today increasingly choose crowdlending companies over traditional lenders like banks. Reports by platforms like LendingClub show that P2P platforms have saved borrowers up to 250 million USD they would have paid as interest charges.
Today we’re going to take you on a broad overview of the market by looking at the top crowdlending platforms available in the US. Let’s get started.
Who are the top crowdlending platforms in the USA?
If you’re an American investor looking for a peer-to-peer investment platform, finding the best one can be a challenge. There are lots of options available today. Here are some of the top platforms on the market right now.
MyConstant is one of the top crowdlending platforms in the USA connecting lenders with borrowers from around the world. All loans on the platform are secured by collateral. Constant offers a diverse range of investment options and interest rates. You can invest in everything from loan originator loans at 11% APR to individual P2P loans at 7%.
If you want to take out a loan but don’t want to go through a lengthy background check, we offer crypto-backed loans to individual investors. All you need to do is put up 110–200% of your loan value in crypto as collateral and we can get you a loan in minutes. It’s a great way to unlock the value of your crypto assets without selling them.
- Flexible loan terms and rates.
- Free withdrawals.
- Robust customer support available 24/7. You’ll talk with real people, not bots.
- Secured lending.
- A diverse range of options.
- Cryptocurrency investment tools.
- Cryptocurrency collateral can be volatile
- It’s a new platform and is not as established as some of its peers.
Upstart has the motto, “You are more than your credit score.” If you are a young, first-time borrower, this platform is ideal for you as it accepts loan applications from applicants without a credit score. Your application’s strength depends on the information you provide, such as the university you went to, what you studied, and work history.
- Accessible to borrowers without a credit score.
- Competitive loan terms to borrowers with lower credit scores.
- Some borrowers don’t pay origination fees.
- A high maximum interest rate for borrowers.
- Some borrowers pay extra-large origination fees.
- Does not allow co-signers.
- Iowa and West Virginia borrowers cannot access its services.
Founded in 2014, Sharestates is one of the top crowdlending platforms focusing on real estate loans. You can access the services if you are a US citizen or have a US-based bank account.
You should choose this platform if you hate risk. The minimum you can invest depends on your citizenship. The starting amount is higher for non-US residents. They also have an auto-invest feature if you don’t like to do your research.
- Good quality loans.
- User-friendly auto-invest feature.
- High minimum investment.
- Poor investment liquidity.
Prosper is the oldest P2P lending site in the US. Their primary focus is consumer loans. On the platform, you can manually browse through thousands of individual loans to invest in. You can also use their auto-invest feature to grow your investment portfolio automatically. It is easy to create an account and start investing. You’ll need at least 25USD to get started as an investor. For more information check out our platform review of Prosper.
- A large number of investors and borrowers
- Low minimum investment amount.
- A long operating history.
- Relatively low returns for investors.
- It focuses on consumer loans only.
Another crowdlending platform specializing in real estate loans, Groundfloor offers many interest rates according to your risk appetite. The minimum you can invest is $10.
- Has a low minimum investment requirement
- Many different rates to choose from
- No auto-invest feature
- No collateral or buyback guarantee on loans.
6. Funding Circle US
Initially based in the UK, Funding Circle expanded to the US in 2013. It has continually grown since then. The platform mainly focuses on offering unsecured loans to businesses and small-to-medium-size enterprises.
- A remarkable track record.
- Offers a wide variety of business loans.
- The minimum investment required is high.
- Their service charges are high.
- Only available to accredited investors in the US.
7. Lending Club
Lending Club is among the pioneering crowdlending platforms in the US. It is currently only available to US-based investors. On LendingClub you can access several loan categories including car loans, consumer loans, and business loans. If you are interested in diversifying your portfolio, Lending Club is a great place to start. However, you’ll need a minimum of $1,000 to get started. For more information have a look at our more in-depth review of LendingClub.
- The platform has a good auto-invest feature.
- A wide variety of loans are available.
- High minimum investment amount.
- Relatively low interest rates.
LendingHome is another crowdlending platform for investors looking to invest in real estate. The minimum investment depends on whether you choose to manually invest or use their auto-invest feature. You’ll invest 1,000 USD if you choose auto-invest and 5,000 USD if you decide to invest manually.
- Reduced risk because loans are backed by real estate
- Has an auto-invest feature.
- High minimum investment.
- Only accessible by accredited investors.
StreetShares is a P2P lending platform focused mainly on business loans. This platform began as a P2P lender run by veterans for veterans. However, they’ve expanded in recent years. Their loans are high-quality and low risk. You can also invest in Business Bonds that let you spread out your money to different loans. You’ll need a minimum of $25 to get started.
- It has an auto-invest feature.
- StreetShares offers an average 5% rate of return to investors.
- A low minimum starter investment.
- It lacks loan diversity
PeerStreet is a P2P lending site focused on real estate loans. You can choose to auto-invest or invest manually. If you are a first-time investor, this might not be the ideal site for you. To start you’ll need a minimum of $1,000.
- It offers high-quality real estate loans
- It has an auto-invest feature.
- The minimum investment required is high
- Their returns are relatively low.
The US crowdlending market continues to grow
As you can see, there are quite a few platforms to choose from and this is unlikely to change anytime soon. Crowdlending in the US has a huge market.
Through the power of online platforms and expanding tech, lenders and borrowers all over the world can now pool investments and share financial data online. This eliminates many of the borders previously preventing the flow of capital between countries.
The growth of the crowdlending market has also heavily benefited from e-wallets. Online financial transactions provide enormous amounts of data to AI algorithms that help in loan processing. New algorithms are constantly becoming available to assess loans outside of the traditional credit score. On a growing number of platforms, new loans can be approved in minutes. It’s safe to say when you participate in crowdlending today, you are investing in the future of finance.
Get a little bit of everything on Constant
At Constant, we’ve adopted a wide range of lending/investing products never before available on the market. On our platform, investors can put their money into everything from loan originator loans to cryptocurrency-backed loans. We also provide seamless on and off-ramps into cryptocurrency. Give us a try today and get a $3000 trial bonus(US only) deposited to your account. You keep the interest.