A peer to peer lending app makes investing and borrowing a lot easier for the on-the-go investor. The best apps give you access to all of the platform’s features right on your smartphone along with a smooth interface, integration with banks, and mobile-exclusive features.
People dumped traditional banks for P2P platforms because banks couldn’t adapt to the digital age. While there has been a gradual shift to mobile, there are still banks where you need to walk in the front door to make a wire transfer.
If you want exciting financial features at your fingertips, a peer to peer lending app is the way to go. However, with a rising number of P2P lending apps out there, finding the right choice can be a bit of a challenge. We’ve compiled a list of the best peer to peer lending apps in the USA and why you may want to have them on your smartphone.
How to choose a P2P lending app
Here are a couple of things you should consider before choosing a P2P lending app:
- Does the app have a good interface? The app you choose should be responsive, user friendly, and optimized for mobile devices.
- Does the app offer the same features as the Website? Many apps are created to get smartphone users over to the main site. They often offer fewer features than the full platform and it’s important to know which ones you’ll get if you download it.
- Does the app have any special features? Good companies know that porting to mobile unlocks possibilities for their platform. They will often add extra features like more visual-friendly graphs.
The top peer to peer lending apps in the USA
MyConstant is a P2P lending platform offering a wide range of lending products in both the fiat and crypto realm. Investors can get up to 9% APY and borrowers with crypto can get loans for just 6% APR.
- Interface: Constant has a smooth interface that allows you to navigate through the features with relative ease.
- Features: The MyConstant app has all the same features as the web version. Including borrow orders and secondary market.
- Integration: The MyConstant app is integrated with Plaid ACH letting you transfer funds quickly and cheaply from the platform to your bank account and vice versa.
LendingClub grants borrowers access to four different solutions: Personal loans, Business loans, Auto refinancing, and Patient loans. Investors can start with as little as $25. They have an investor-side only app available on the Google PlayStore and IOS App store called LendingClub Invest
- Interface: LendingClub Invest is a responsive app that is very user friendly. It’s simple to use and does not lag when loading.
Quick login that uses your fingerprint (but it may not always work).
You can keep track of all your account information using charts, graphs, and visuals.
Automatic investment options are available.
Unfortunately, options for loan selection tend to be more accessible on the LC website. Also, features like changing passwords and email, create portfolios, and access the secondary market are exclusive to the website.
- Integration: Recently LendingClub Invest added direct bank transfers to their app.
Prosper is the first peer to peer lending platform in the United States. The platform offers personal loans directly between borrowers and investors. Like LendingClub its investor features are available on the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- Interface: The app is fast, visually appealing, and easy to use.
You can view and manage your investment account.
You can invest manually by selecting from individual loan listings you feel most comfortable with.
You can monitor your portfolio performance and Notes anytime, anywhere.
A new feature to see the impact of your investment is now available.
Unfortunately, you cannot access the Prosper secondary market or any of its borrower-side features from the app.
- Integration: You can transfer from your bank account directly to the Prosper app.
Lending apps have come a long way, but…
As the world becomes increasingly mobile-friendly, more and more P2P apps are moving their features to mobile. However, many traditional P2P platforms still keep their borrower features strictly on the computer.
Even though these platforms offer an alternative to bank lending, at the end of the day they still require many of the same credit checks and paperwork the banks require. It’s much easier to get this done on traditional interfaces.
For platforms that operate in the crypto sphere like MyConstant, mobile integrations on both the borrower and investor sides are not only nice but necessary. A large percentage of crypto users access their wallets from the smartphone.
Because crypto has never been bogged down in systems of old, Crypto-compatible platforms are leading the way for modern financial technology. If you’re unsure where to start your P2P lending journey try a platform like ours that offers both traditional and crypto investments.