Malicious hackers grow more tech-savvy every year and are always hunting for new ways to compromise poorly protected user data.
At Constant, we consider your security a top priority. That’s why we strongly encourage all users to register for 2FA on our platform.
2FA or Two-Factor Identification is one of the top tools organizations use today to combat cyber theft. In 2FA, you remotely log into your accounts from another device (usually a cell phone), adding an extra layer between hackers and your data. This makes it that much harder for criminals to steal user identities.
Setting up 2FA is a relatively simple process:
1. Download the Google Authenticator app from the app store or a trusted third-party like Authy.
2. Go to your Account page.
For PC users:
Click on the “account” button in the top right corner and then click on the bar on top with your name.
Next, click on the “account security” tab under the “about you” heading.
For mobile users:
Go to your Account page and click “security”
You will then be taken to the “About You” page. At the top, click on the “Account security” link.
3. Activate Google 2FA by clicking the switch on the page.
4. You will be presented with a QR code and a code.
You can scan the QR code with the scanner inside the Google 2FA app or copy/paste the code into the Google 2FA app.
Your account is now registered.
5. SAVE YOUR CODE
Now for the most important step:
On the Constant page, you will see a message prompting you to save a long 2FA access key code on paper.
This code can be used to log into your account if you are unable to access your Google authentication app. If you lose this code you may be unable to access your account later.
Please be sure you put this code somewhere secure where you will not lose it. Better yet, store it in multiple places.
There are a couple ways you can do this
- Use a third-party app like Authy that lets you back up your keys to the cloud in a password-locked account.
- Place your keys in a password-protected Excel file or other trustworthy desktop application.
- Take the old-fashioned route and write it down (just remember to store it in a place where you won’t forget it!)
- Get creative: There are many ways to store keys online. Check out some forums on the topic.
6. Log in with 2FA
When you log into Constant, you will be prompted to enter a code. Simply log onto your Google Authenticator app and copy the 6-digit code.
That’s it. You are now registered for 2FA and a lot more secure for it. Happy lending.